- Penny in your pants. This is the go-to free method. It requires a rubber band and a penny or quarter. Watch this short video on how it works. I have tried this a few times but never found it to work for me. But I encourage you to try it and let me know. May women swear by it.
- A binder clip. You know those big clips you can get at the office supply store or your office. Did I just encourage you to steal from your office? Well, don’t do that. OK? Anyway, if you borrow one from your office just clip it to the bottom of your skirt or dress and the weight will keep it from flying in the wind.
- Bikegirl Bloomers. You know how grandma told you to wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident? Well, if your skirt accidentally blows up and you are wearing these, people will see nothing but cute colorful bloomers.
- Tandem NY skirt weight. I LOVE this item. It is like a fancy more classy and beautiful version of the binder clip. The weight is perfect and really holds down your skirt. I carry it with me all the time in case I decide to ride bikeshare in a dress.
- Eleanor NY garter. This is also a favorite of mine. It is a garter that goes around your thigh and has a clip that holds down the end of your dress or skirt.
Biking in a dress or skirt
Now I know the guys may say, ’this is not the blog post for me’. But hang on, keep reading and you may discover a great gift for your significant other, sister or mom.
OK so if you are a city rider you may find that putting on a full spandex kit is just not practical. In fact, you may want to meet up with friends or a date and wear a dress or skirt. Not only is it fun but it’s so airy to ride like this. But.. you don’t want to flash everyone while you ride. So I have a few options for you.
Biking in a dress or skirt is so much fun. It makes summer days enjoyable as you breeze by in your sundress without anyone knowing what color panties you’re wearing.
filed in Bikey Things I Love